It’s not raining currently in Avon and the track is drying.
Help us to celebrate the life of longtime GVKC member Alan Decker with a special day of racing, food and friendship.
Entry fee of $55, payable at registration. The larger the turnout, the larger the payout.
**Spectators, please note: GVKC’s standard sprint kart race schedule will also take place on this date.**
Drivers are invited to make a donation to the Alan Decker Foundation, and take a few laps on the track in his honor.
Drivers, members and spectators…please join us for a summer picnic!
• BBQ chicken
• Mac salad
• Baked beans
• Corn on the cob
$10 – Adult (12 and over)
$7 – Ages 5 – 11
Free for children under 5
Drinks – 75 cents extra
To reserve your meal(s), email email@example.com with the anticipated number of guests. Payment will be accepted at the concession stand on the day of the event.
PLEASE RSVP BY JULY 31ST TO ENSURE AVAILABILITY. Food will be available on a first come, first serve basis for those who have not reserved a meal in advance. We hope to see you there!
Join us at the Avon Kart Speedway on July 23-25th for the 6th Annual Vintage Karting Reunion, hosted by Genesee Valley Kart Club and the Vintage Karting Association. See historic karts and engines up to 1964, and vintage karts up to 1980. You can also watch a scored Yamaha trophy class compete (karts up to 1985).
Thursday, July 23rd [Participants Only]
Friday, July 24th – [Participants & Spectators]
Saturday, July 25th – [Participants & Spectators]
Grandstand admission is free; pit passes are $10 for GVKC members, and $15 for non-members. Concessions are available onsite.
Please note: during Vintage weekend, the oval racing that is normally held on Saturdays will be combined with road course racing on Sunday, July 26th. Stop by on Sunday for a full day of racing!
Rain continues with predictions that we’re in for more of the same through the rest of the day. This is upstate NY and almost anything can happen, but with this forecast and temperature it becomes difficult to think it possible to have a dry track by 12:30. Today’s racing is cancelled.
Current track conditions are cold and wet. Forecasts indicate there is a strong possibility of this continuing over the next few hours. I’ll post an update around 10 am to report whether the conditions or forecasts have changed. Just a reminder that we will keep the possibility of competition open until we can be certain the track cannot be race ready by 12:30 pm.