It’s not raining currently in Avon and the track is drying.
Rain continues with predictions that we’re in for more of the same through the rest of the day. This is upstate NY and almost anything can happen, but with this forecast and temperature it becomes difficult to think it possible to have a dry track by 12:30. Today’s racing is cancelled.
Current track conditions are cold and wet. Forecasts indicate there is a strong possibility of this continuing over the next few hours. I’ll post an update around 10 am to report whether the conditions or forecasts have changed. Just a reminder that we will keep the possibility of competition open until we can be certain the track cannot be race ready by 12:30 pm.
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for bearing with us these first couple weeks of racing. There are a few new faces on the board this year so we are trying our best to have things run smoothly and safely. We hope you are having fun so far at GVKC this season! And as a reminder there is NO racing this coming weekend but the track will be open Saturday May 23 for anyone that just wants to get some practice in.
Just a reminder that the track is closed for Mother’s Day weekend. Enjoy your time with family…and we’ll see you next week!