Good Evening Everyone,
I have just got home after the board meeting tonight and I want to share the latest information with all of you. We have set the schedule for the 2014 season. It is as follows:
1) May 14, 2014 Wednesday night 4:30 until? We need every available person to help reinstall the concrete rumble strips as well move some dirt to fill in some of the edges around the track. We will also distribute the blue safety pillows. If you have a wheel barrow and a shovel, please bring them with you.
2) May 17, 2014 Saturday morning 9:00 am until? Continue where we left off from Wednesday night work night.
3) May 18, 2014 Sunday morning 9:00 am Rookie class will be held. All who have never raced must attend. All minor racers must have parent or legal guardian with them. Anyone who would like to use this opportunity as a refresher class are welcome to attend.
4) May 24, 2014 Saturday morning 9:00 am Open practice for oval and road course racers. This will be structured by class and will be an all day practice until about 4:30 pm.
5) May 25, 2014 Sunday morning track will open @ 8:00 am with a combined oval/road course race day. The normal race day sequence will be followed. For those who will participate in the WKA divisional, this will also take place.
As for making up of the two weeks that we have lost, the board will review this at our next meeting and I will let everyone know as soon as it is available.
We really need all that can help us put the final touches on the track so please come out on Wednesday night and Saturday and give us a hand.
Good Morning Everyone,
I wanted to post an update yesterday but had some difficulty gaining access to this section of our site but all is well now. I will begin that I visited the track on Wednesday night and there was some work that was still needing to be done. I received a message yesterday from a board member that not only spoke to our contractor but also visited the track and the blacktopping is complete.
I have called a board meeting for Monday night to discuss a revised schedule and some safety concerns that will need to be in place before we can put karts on the track. With the wet weather as of late it has been difficult to get topsoil as most of it is sloppy. We will need to put dirt and topsoil around the edges of the newly installed blacktop. Our contractor will be helping us with this effort. We will also be discussing upgrades to our PA system as well as reinstallation of the concrete rumble strips on the inside of the corners. These were removed for paving purposes and will have to be put back. One other item that will be on the table is input from our contractor as to how long it will be before we can put karts on the racing surface. Preliminarily, I can say from conversations with the paving contractor, that it shouldn’t be long because we have had warmer days with cool nights which helps to speed the curing process
I will have exact information and will post as well as put out an email blast on Tuesday, May 13. I know this has been a little dragged out , referring to the paving project, but it really looks great and I think that all of you are in for some great racing. I promise it won’t be much longer and I sincerely appreciate all of your patience.
WE HOPE TO COMPLETE PAVING THIS WEEK AND I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO MY POSTINGS ONLY. I KNOW EVERYONE IS ANXIOUS TO GET STARTED, ME INCLUDED BUT I WILL KNOW MORE IN THE COMING DAYS AND WILL LET YOU KNOW. STAY TUNED.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE,
As promised I am letting everyone in on the latest information about our paving project. Even though there is not a lot that has changed, we have been in close communication almost daily with our contractor and he is as frustrated as we are with Mother Nature. However he has told us that he will need 2 good weather days back to back to hopefully finish the paving between the Monza and the hairpin turns. That will put us in pretty good shape with only some smaller clean up and topsoil items that he will to do per contract after the paving is done as mentioned above.
We have lost most of last week and all of this week due to rain which no one can control. All I can ask the membership for is to continue to be patient and have faith that this will get done and in the end I am confident that all will enjoy the improvements to the track.
As for work on Saturdays, almost all of which remains to be done is outside and of course is weather dependent. I will continue to keep everyone up to date with any note worthy information as soon as possible. Stay Tuned!
Thanks for your patience,
In recent days various board members have visited the track to observe progress and communicate with our contractor. The report that we received last night at our board meeting from the most recent visit, which was yesterday, was that due to rain earlier this week coupled with cool night time and day time temperatures the progress has slowed. The prep work as I mentioned in an earlier post is complete, however, we need sunshine and warmer temperatures to apply blacktop materials.
Therefore, we are postponing our rookie/open practice weekend and our opening weekend as well. The new dates are to be determined based on mother nature and her weather forecast. I will keep all of you up to date and informed as soon as possible.
The board has also discussed several options in which to make up any and all lost races. We currently have not determined which will be the best option for the club and it’s members but we will act as always in the best interest of both and let all of you know through an email and posting on our website.
Going into this major facelift of our racing surface, all of us have known and said that early spring paving progress will largely be dependent on mother nature and her weather forecast and that some racing schedule adjustments may have to be done. On a much brighter side of this is the fact that in the end I am confident that all of you will have to agree that the wait is well worth the results.
We still have some maintenance projects to complete and are going to continue to chip away at them every Saturday and possibly a Sunday or two in the next few weeks. I would like some feedback on the thought of Sundays to come out and help. Is that a better day for some of you? Painting of the fences is really the only significant maintenance issue right now. Please let me know your thoughts so we can plan to accommodate the majority of the membership.
Thanks for your patience and I will keep all of you up to date. Please stay tuned.