Saturday 05/24 – Open Practice – Standard practice rules & fees apply.
– Track opens by 9:00AM.
– No engines may start before 9:30AM.
– Oval Practice starts at 9:30AM; Sprint Practice starts at 10:00AM.
Sunday 05/25 – Opening Day – Combined Oval, Sprint, & WKA Divisional Races.
– Track opens by 9:00AM.
– No engines may start before 10:00AM.
– Registration closes at 11:00AM. Late entries start at the rear of all heats.
– Oval Practice starts at 10:00AM.
– Mandatory Drivers’ Meeting at 11:00AM.
– Oval Racing starts at 11:15AM.
– Sprint Practice runs between Oval heats.
– Sprint Racing follows completion of Oval Main.
JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER, THIS SUNDAY MAY 18 IS ROOKIE CLASS @ 9:00 AM. ALL WHO HAVE NEVER RACED MUST ATTEND IN ORDER TO COMPETE. ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND AS A REFRESHER IS WELCOME. ALL MINOR RACERS MUST HAVE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WITH THEM.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE,
Good Evening Everyone,
I have just got home after the board meeting tonight and I want to share the latest information with all of you. We have set the schedule for the 2014 season. It is as follows:
1) May 14, 2014 Wednesday night 4:30 until? We need every available person to help reinstall the concrete rumble strips as well move some dirt to fill in some of the edges around the track. We will also distribute the blue safety pillows. If you have a wheel barrow and a shovel, please bring them with you.
2) May 17, 2014 Saturday morning 9:00 am until? Continue where we left off from Wednesday night work night.
3) May 18, 2014 Sunday morning 9:00 am Rookie class will be held. All who have never raced must attend. All minor racers must have parent or legal guardian with them. Anyone who would like to use this opportunity as a refresher class are welcome to attend.
4) May 24, 2014 Saturday morning 9:00 am Open practice for oval and road course racers. This will be structured by class and will be an all day practice until about 4:30 pm.
5) May 25, 2014 Sunday morning track will open @ 8:00 am with a combined oval/road course race day. The normal race day sequence will be followed. For those who will participate in the WKA divisional, this will also take place.
As for making up of the two weeks that we have lost, the board will review this at our next meeting and I will let everyone know as soon as it is available.
We really need all that can help us put the final touches on the track so please come out on Wednesday night and Saturday and give us a hand.
Good Morning Everyone,
I wanted to post an update yesterday but had some difficulty gaining access to this section of our site but all is well now. I will begin that I visited the track on Wednesday night and there was some work that was still needing to be done. I received a message yesterday from a board member that not only spoke to our contractor but also visited the track and the blacktopping is complete.
I have called a board meeting for Monday night to discuss a revised schedule and some safety concerns that will need to be in place before we can put karts on the track. With the wet weather as of late it has been difficult to get topsoil as most of it is sloppy. We will need to put dirt and topsoil around the edges of the newly installed blacktop. Our contractor will be helping us with this effort. We will also be discussing upgrades to our PA system as well as reinstallation of the concrete rumble strips on the inside of the corners. These were removed for paving purposes and will have to be put back. One other item that will be on the table is input from our contractor as to how long it will be before we can put karts on the racing surface. Preliminarily, I can say from conversations with the paving contractor, that it shouldn’t be long because we have had warmer days with cool nights which helps to speed the curing process
I will have exact information and will post as well as put out an email blast on Tuesday, May 13. I know this has been a little dragged out , referring to the paving project, but it really looks great and I think that all of you are in for some great racing. I promise it won’t be much longer and I sincerely appreciate all of your patience.
WE HOPE TO COMPLETE PAVING THIS WEEK AND I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT THE SCHEDULE IS SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO MY POSTINGS ONLY. I KNOW EVERYONE IS ANXIOUS TO GET STARTED, ME INCLUDED BUT I WILL KNOW MORE IN THE COMING DAYS AND WILL LET YOU KNOW. STAY TUNED.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE,